We're proud to announce the Wheel Fanatyk Tensiometer. Based on an ingenious Jobst Brandt (author of The Bicycle Wheel) design, this tool is the non plus ultra of tension gauges.
Inlaid, stainless, laser-etched nameplate.
FSA briefly made a version and it acquired an eclectic, worldwide following. It was discontinued several years ago and can no longer be found for sale. The Wheel Fanatyk tool upgrades the design in several crucial ways. To hear about the tool basics, in its FSA incarnation, check here.
How to hold it.
For 2012, we've incorporated much higher specification moving parts and a digital indicator. Parts are all USA made with tolerances and materials that enable a new level of accuracy. This is perhaps the World's most accurate. The digital gauge is feature laden:
1. Extra low spring force for high accuracy.
2. Shock, dust, and water resistant.
3. Large LCD screen.
5. Inch/Metric Conversion.
6. On/Off button.
7. One year battery life (continuous operation).
8. SPC/RS232 output (downloads to a PC).
9. Resolution: 0.0005"/.01mm.
SPC/RS232 output is via a mini-USB port and requires a dedicated cable that costs $120. Instructions here.
Digital SPC output.
The instrument is fully calibrated on our in-house fixture using a precision Dillon force gauge. We provide tension conversion for all common spoke gauges and diameters.
Each tool wears a unique serial number.
There's no spoke tension gauge with this combination of accuracy, ease of use, durability, and value. Watch this movie describing its use and features.
The tool costs USD$295, and here is what you get:
1. A shock-proof, lockable, foam lined case with metal pin hinges.
2. 26 page Owner's Manual, with many wheelbuilding tips.
3. Laminated Spoke Tension Chart, for convenient conversion.
4. Spare battery.
5. A CD with PDF files of the manual and chart, and our instruction movie.
What's inside the case.
The warranty is one full year, but we aim to meet every user's highest expectations. Lifetime recalibration is no-charge. Satisfaction is guaranteed.
Check these images:
On a spoke.
Battery drawer is opposite mini-USB port.
Touching the "Zero" button.
You can buy it herehttp://wheelfanatyk.bigcartel.com/product/tensiometer.